Monday, May 11, 2009

My Beer Gut

There is not much of an update, and I've been terrible at posting recently. I know, I know, I still need to post our ultrasound pictures - I promise I won't forget!

So the only news there is, is that:
1. I am no longer feeling sick
2. The sickness has been replaced by heart burn (or throat burn, as I like to call it)
3. Ben got me tea made with marshmallow root (I have no clue what that is) that takes care of the burn.
4. I look like I drink too much beer
5. I still miss beer

Apparently, my uterus is now about the size of a melon and has risen up above my pubic bone, and my tummy is starting to harden (which is a really weird feeling). I got to hear the baby's heartbeat at my last appointment when I was about 13 weeks. I have another appointment next week and am hoping to again get to take a listen!!!

Here are the current bean-as-fruit pictures:

Week 14:
Photobucket

Week 15 (I'm currently 15weeks 3days):
Photobucket

Week 16:
Photobucket

Tonight I am mostly grumpy - Ben got me some O'Douls as a special treat (alcohol free, but still, I'm treating it as a "treat" drink). So I had my O'Douls in a frosty cup (because as it turns out, even I can tell that fake beer tastes like, well, fake beer). Anyhow, I had had maybe 1/2 of the drink, perhaps not even that much, when someone gets very excited playing with a rope toy and the beer ends up on the rug. I'm telling you, sometimes I just cannot control Ben when it comes to rope toys! Ha ha, just kidding, but there is a great dane who recognized the error of her ways and sheepishly climbed up on the couch, kicked me several times and then went to sleep.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails