Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day (to me!)

Ben surprised me on Mother's Day this past Sunday - I did not think we were going to celebrate until next year! So imagine my surprise coming out of the bedroom on Sunday on my way to wash my face when I come face-to-face with a breakfast tray with oranges, kiwi, blackberries, orange juice, pancakes and even warmed real maple syrup!!! I would show you a picture, but I ate everything before thinking of getting the camera. Here, however, are some other pictures:

First, here are the flowers I got, aren't they amazing?!


Here is the little outfit Ben got for the bean - it's our first set of baby clothes!


And finally, here is the bean at about 12 weeks 4 days. It's been 3 weeks since these pictures were taken, so I'm sure the bean is even bigger and more human looking now! What is fun is comparing these pics to the ones of the bean at 9 weeks when he was looking a little more tadpole-like (and PS, I have no clue if the bean is a boy or a girl).


On this picture I would like to point out the large amorphous blob at the top (the one that is TWICE the size of my uterus and growing bean!) That, my dear friends, is my bladder. Why is it so humongous? Because they told me to drink at least 32 ounces of water an hour before the ultrasound...I probably had closer to 40 ounces. To put this into perspective, a nalgene bottle holds about 32 ounces, a 40 (as in malt liquor or beer) holds (surprise!) 40 ounces. Apparently, people rarely follow the instructions to have a full bladder...who knew?!


Alright, that's about it for the update...as I said yesterday, life is strangely normal for me right now (with that runaway train feeling that I am heading to a very very new normal soon enough!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails