Monday, April 11, 2011

Houndstooth? I do!!

Houndstooth - it's a pattern that's been around for awhile, but has some serious staying power either blown up SUPER big and mod or really small as an unobtrusive background pattern.  On a recent trip to New Hampshire I picked up a great black and white 60s houndstooth swing coat - I have big plans to shorten it up a bit and add some buttons (and I haven't taken a picture yet...I know I know...soon, I promise!)  Here are a few other neat uses of houndstooth I'm liking lately!!

This plush dino is cute enough to play with, stylish enough to be left out of the toy box!

 I love love love the touch of red in this child's tie, so very fun and fashionable

This 60s dress is just too much in the very best of ways - if only it was in my size!!!

 Cool vintage bags like this 1. are super fun to look at 2. hold a TON of stuff and 3. make for good conversation pieces when stopped by the TSA tipped off by who-knows-what baby stuff you (me) may or may not be carrying ;)

I don't own a flask, but if I did, this one would be pretty neat!!!

Mad Men meets Office Space (and really, this mug just makes me smile!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails