Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Simply what it looks like

Welcome to the March Carnival of Natural Parenting: Natural Parenting Top 10 Lists
This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Carnival of Natural Parenting hosted by Code Name: Mama and Hobo Mama. This month our participants have shared Top 10 lists on a wide variety of aspects of attachment parenting and natural living. Please read to the end to find a list of links to the other carnival participants.
***

This month's carnival topic is "top 10," and quite frankly I've been turning this one over (and over) in my head for a couple of weeks now.  What to write?  Top 10 things to always have as a natural parent, top 10 gifts, top 10 things I've learned.  I rejected all of my ideas because I either didn't connect with it or it felt too cliche, to contrived.  Finally, I went back to what moves me, and that's pictures.  I often feel that natural parenting is misunderstood - is seen as "crunchy" or "alternative" rather than what it is, "making the choice to develop a deep bond with your children and family based on mutual respect."  So without further adieu, here are the top ten ways natural parenting looks to me, through the eyes of a mama and babe...

 Love.

Respect.

 Breastfeeding.

Co-sleeping.

Baby wearing.

 Choices and Options.

 Learning through Living.

 Cloth diapering.

 Organic eating.

Informed Vaccination.

That's what it looks like to us, every day.  What does natural parenting look like to you?

***

Carnival of Natural Parenting -- Hobo Mama and Code Name: MamaVisit Hobo Mama and Code Name: Mama to find out how you can participate in the next Carnival of Natural Parenting!

Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:

11 comments:

tanzer1326 said...

Beautiful pictures! And such a great way to look at and show what natural parenting really is.

Terri said...

What a fab idea to have images as your top ten! I resonate with so many of them, it was lovely to see your natural family values shine through in the pictures.

Jenny said...

So sweet! I love the babywearing and cloth diapering ones. If I went through my picture folders right now, I think what would jump out as an illustration of natural parenting is all the pictures I snap of my husband and daughter while they are sleeping. She is 18 months old and at the moment, she is going through a difficult time with sleep. She's been sick on and off, and is cutting her eye teeth. My husband always goes and picks her up and brings her in with us to cuddle when she cries--and gosh, they look so cute when they're cuddling like that!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful idea! love the feet and the babywearing pic especially!

Dionna @ Code Name: Mama said...

Such sweet pictures! I love the one of the feet all curled up - what a great representation of love :)

Isil Simsek said...

I love the pictures, the feet are my favorite,too :)

Write About Birth said...

I love all of your pictures! The one with the feet is especially adorable, I think!

Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

LOVE this -- great photographs! What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your kind words! It's easy for me to take pictures of my daughter, I kind of love her...a LOT :)

Jenny - we are in the same boat with rough sleep and cutting teeth (molars, ick!) The image of your husband cuddling with your little one is so very sweet, thank you for sharing!!

Lauren Wayne said...

I love the intro you've done and the way you've set this up — you're right that natural parenting is connection, not what specific practices or ideals you live up to.

Your pictures are fabulous! I love the way you've chosen to represent respect.

Kat said...

Love, love love! Beautifully said and the images capture it beyond perfection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails