Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Our good day...

(playing among the drying playsilks)

It's been quiet around here, but only on my blog, in my home it's been busy (very busy!)  We've had playdates and visits to friends and family, holiday shopping and holiday sewing...  In fact, there may have been a bit too much...of everything.  By last Sunday we were done, beat, tired and sick.  So Monday, we cleared the calendar and stayed home.  It was perfect.  We played and read, we did some kid-focused (and kid friendly) crafts.  We reconnected and slowed down.  With the impending hustle and bustle of travel and festivities, it was important to take some time to revel in our routines and languish in the comfort of those little day-to-day activities.  All in all a good day, and coming out the other side we're prepared to happily continue to bustle along!

Here's a look at some of the fun we had...

 A messy floor - a sure sign of a good time!

 This beautiful book (Tomie's Baa, Baa Blacksheep) is one of Ella's favorites - it's illustrated by Tomie DePaola, an amazing illustrator from my home town in New Hampshire!

Playing with her vintage Fisher Price parking garage (I had the same one when I was growing up!)

 I dyed more playsilks for Christmas gifts while Ella napped - I'm in love with them (and she is too!!)

Thank-you notes left over from our wedding (which was 6.5 years ago!) I have a hard time getting rid of perfectly good cards - Ella helped add a new touch to these classic cards.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you cleared the calendar and made time and space to do what needed to be done. I'm feeling the same way myself and I'm thankful for a mostly clear calendar next week, except for....oh.....that little thing called Christmas. That I'm not too stressed about. It's just us, and my in-laws, hanging around. Should be one of the most relaxing holidays yet, especially if I make it that way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails