Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm in stitches!


I've completed a couple of fun projects recently - the best one being the curtains I made for Ella's room (we had been hanging dark sheets over her windows, but it made her room feel so closed, which I didn't like).  I found some pretty linen that I lined with muslin - it's dark enough to keep the room dim during Ella's day time naps, but light enough to let the sun in (especially when now-easily pulled back!)  I've tried, but haven't been able to take very good pictures of them - so you'll just have to take my word for it that they look nice!

Another fun project is a little dress I finished for Ella - it's made out of an old shirt of mine that no longer fits right.  It was my first time sewing 1. clothing 2. a zipper 3. button holes with my sewing machine - with all those firsts I'm happy with the outcome.

(work in progress...)
(finished dress!)

As I've mentioned before, one of my best friends moved back to town.  It has been wonderful being able to connect so easily and so often!  As a little housewarming gift, I whipped up some coasters out of vintage and new fabrics and quilted each one.  It was an easy and SUPER fun project to do - I will certainly be making more of these!



What have you been working on lately?  Are you as addicted to sewing as I am??

2 comments:

Pat said...

The dress and coasters are fabulous. Given these, I certainly take your word for the curtains!! the real question is when do you find time to do this with a TODDLER???? Pat

Lexi said...

I officially abhor you and your amazing coaster/dress/curtain making capabilities...everything looks amazing! That's it, this weekend I'm busting the sewing machine out. Now cross your fingers and do the 'lexi-will-sew' dance in order to ensure proper follow through!
:) ~L

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails