Sunday, June 20, 2010

Scenes from my childhood (today)

Last week I got to revisit a lake house that I spent countless hours in as a child - it belongs to my cousin's grandparents (does that make sense?)  We thought it was the best because of the detached annex where we could play away from adult eyes (though I'm sure they were still there!) I hadn't been back in easily 15 years...probably closer to 20.  It still smelled the same in a wonderful way that reminded me of swimsuits, ferns and water.  I forgot (or maybe didn't realize in my youth) how rustic it was - but in a cool, easy, laid-back way.

 

And best of all?  The bathroom wallpaper...seriously, it's fabulous!  What I liked the best about it (beyond how graphic and fun it was) is the realization that this paper has come full-circle, from being current to dated to retro.  

Glub-glub...how fun!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh - I wish I was there! Thanks for sharing. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails