Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An old favorite REdiscovered!!!

Don't you love it when you rediscover something you love?  It's a wonderful personal present because not only do you love the thing you re-found, but you also LOVE that you re-found it!  Today I rediscovered Buy Olympia, a co-op of sorts of fun indie-inspired items by very creative artists out in the Pacific Northwest.  I have coveted QueenBee Creations, a long-time artisan group for Buy Olympia, for years until Ben (without knowing about my quiet obsession) got me one of their wallets - boy does he know (and love) me!  Anyhow, I don't remember when I first discovered Buy Olympia...but it must of been toward the beginning of their existence since they've only been around for 10 years, and I know that I loved them when I was in college...but I digress...

They are RED they are BICYCLES and I think they are PERFECT (how's that for obnoxious capitalization)...I especially like the banana seat bike!

A topic that is close to my heart - this card is perfect.  I have a couple of Nikki McClure prints, but rarely send them because I like them so much.  Perhaps I should get doubles when I find something I love...but that would be too easy!

My favorite books for Ella are both educational for her and entertaining or beautiful for me.  This one meets all my criteria!
I do not have the words to describe how cool I think this ring is.

This book does not look like much on the cover, but the prints from the late 1800s make me swoon.

I mean really, it is pages and pages of inspiration, plain and simple!

This passport holder makes me want to leave the country (in a good way!)

I would do nice things to receive this beautiful Letterpress note, wouldn't you?!

Emily Martin (aka The Black Apple) does amazing work - I find her paintings both intriguing and a little creepy.  (The Quiet Room, As Long as I Have You, and Ava pictured respectively).

1 comment:

Lauren Wayne said...

I swear that Nikki McClure print is of me. I seriously was scrolling down and stopped on it like, Whoa, why is a picture of me here? How's that for egotism! Don't worry — I know it's not me, because I don't think the baby's mine. ;)

These are some gorgeous finds. Thanks for sharing them with us!

I love how the ring description says "Perfect for all the crafty folks or fans of the metric system." That covers a lot of ground! I think I need the Emily Martin painting where the girl is holding a hedgehog's hand. Because that's excellent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails