Thursday, September 16, 2010

Renegade Rewind!!! (part 1)

Last weekend I went to my favorite fair of the year - The Renegade Craft Fair!!!  I went with two great girls, Elissa and Stacy (and little Gus too!) and we had such a very fun time.  The highlight for me was meeting Elsie, I read her blog (A Beautiful Mess) pretty much every day - it's very inspirational, fun and creative - so I was super excited to meet her.  So excited, in fact, that I pretty much couldn't keep it together.  Essentially I saw her, rushed over and babbled like a moron, didn't stop to look at any of her cute goods (or breathe, for that matter) and then ran away.  Yeah, embarrassing.  She even gave me a self-titled CD of her fiance's music, Jeremy Larson (and it's great!!!)  Ah well, hopefully she'll be back next year and maybe I'll be a bit more calm!!

Renegade is just so fun, but I know not everyone gets to go (not living in Chicago and all), so here is a rewind of some of the great artists and they neat crafts I got to meet.

Red Velvet Art (this is Elsie's shop)
She used to have the cutest print entitled, "Autumn Ella" and I wish wish wish I had purchased it when it was available - drat!


 
*******************************************************************

Maric Fine Goods
She had the most beautiful orange wool bag at Renegade that I am just kicking myself for not getting!!!

Red wool beauty...*sigh*

*******************************************************************

Schoolyard
This is a beautiful collaboration mixing color and print - they have beautiful tea towels and aprons, but I was especially smitten with the bibs! love love!!

 ABCs...

 Graphic acorns...

 Mighty oak leaves...

*******************************************************************

Sofia Masri 
This artist creates handmade porcelain jewelry that is nothing short of stunning!!!

Star bright, star light

 Vintage print, vibrant color

Blue beauty

3 comments:

Maric Fine Goods said...

Andrea, hey, it's Mary from Maric Fine Goods! I am hoping to get my hands on more of the pumpkin orange wool...I'm more than happy to make you a bag when I do! Let me know...and thanks for the love!

Unknown said...

Oh hooray!!! Yes, I would love a bag - I'll be in touch! Loved your booth at Renegade - great job :)

Maric Fine Goods said...

Sounds great! I look forward to hearing from you soon! Love your blog!!! Here's email:
mary@maricfinegoods.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails