Monday, May 24, 2010

Music in the park


Tonight Ella went to her first concert in the park - we listened to Besnard Lakes from Canada and The Ponys from Chicago.  The music was good, indie rock, mixing the psychedelic with the ethereal.  Ella enjoyed seeing so many new faces and I soaked up being down town. 


Even though we live in the city, we are not right downtown, and sometimes I feel eons away from the life and daily routines I once new.  I now revel in riding the El, watching the commuters hurry down the sidewalk to their respective train, bus or car.  Yes, it is a romantic notion, but what is life without romance?

It is times like these when I cannot imagine moving away from such a beautiful and vibrant city with oh-so much to offer...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails