Sunday, May 16, 2010

Refreshed...

This weekend was both relaxing and productive.  I stole some quiet moments with my sewing machine and iron while Ella (and everyone else in the house) slept on Saturday.  I completed one drool-kerchief, but have some tweaking yet to do.  I also am reworking miss Ella-Bean's sandals - they are woefully small and she was not amused when I tried to see if her little toes could maybe fit...they didn't.

Next week is supposed to be beautiful - I plan on planting my container garden and finishing some more projects, as I have many new ones queuing up in my mind...I have a blanket or three that just have to come to fruition!

Here is my main source of inspiration lately... 


Indeed, she is all consuming in a most wonderful way.  I have heard of women feeling they have lost themselves as individuals when they have children.  If anything, becoming a mother has made me more...well...me.  At night, Ella goes to bed around 6:30pm, which is lovely as I have several hours to myself to finish chores, eat dinner, and catch up with Ben.  But by the time bedtime rolls around I am excited to snuggle down with my little bean.  I miss her!  She has made me a better person, I only hope I will be able to return the favor over her lifetime.

P.S. I know I have been reflecting a lot recently on what it is to be a mother to a young baby - yes they are work, but as some tragic stories have hit a little too close to home, I am happy to be waking at 2am with a hungry baby - it seems so little and trivial when compared to all the unknowns down the road.

1 comment:

Elise Jane said...

Sister this post is adorable and I especially like the picture (I snapped it, correct?).. you before the bean were wonderful of course, but after the bean you are even better...don't you love it when that happens?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails