Thursday, April 22, 2010

And now me...


I love crafty mama blogs...love them...as in I spend far too much time perusing them to the detriment (or rather benefit) to the dust antelope in my hallway!  Recently I came across a cute post by Rachel at Smile and Wave.  So in the spirit of sharing, here we go...


1. When do you feel happiest?

During the quiet me-time moments at night, waking up to Ella's happy babble, when I get to arrange spaces into an aesthetically appealing arrangements (I'd be really happy as a window display artist!), and whenever I see rainbows - anywhere, anytime.


2. How do you take care of yourself?

I try to exercise most days of the week, even if that means walks around the park and playing airplane with Ella.  I try to make good food choices, though sometimes that means choosing chocolate.  I try to drink enough water, and on special days treat myself to coconut water!  And I try to remember, acknowledge and embrace all my roles - individual, mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend - artist, social worker, dreamer, do-er.


3. Are you internally (by yourself) or externally (by others) motivated?

Both - in many ways I am internally motivated, but I cannot help to be touched by the world and react.


4. What do you do for fun?

Play with my baby and husband!  Read, craft and create, go to the dog beach and enjoy being outside.


5. What intimidates you?

People with overwhelming personalities, feeling like there is so much I want to do with so little time.


6. What is something you're proud of?

The natural childbirth of my kiddo and getting my clinical license in social work.


7. Finish this sentence. I never...

...watch scary movies...ever.


8. Favorite vacation spot.

Any quiet, warm, non-touristy beach with Ben.


9. Today is a (rate from 1 - 10).

Probably an 8, on the up side Ella and I had a nice time at the park and Ben came home from a work trip, on the down side Ella had a rough afternoon nap, the dog was clingy, and the toilet overflowed (eww!)


10. Finish this sentence. If you knew me really well you'd know...

...what a nerd I am!  For Pete's sake...I use the term "for Pete's sake" and I tell my husband he looks snazzy!!  Who says that?!  I fully embrace that I am essentially the same person I was in seventh grade (and she was a pretty creative and independent girl!)  I think it is funny that it took me so long to figure this out about myself.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

wow...I think you are amazing to have rated the day as an 8 even though the toilet overflowed ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails